Sweet Potato Egg Breakfast Hash!
My favorite meal of the day is a toss-up between breakfast and dessert…lol. The other day, I was getting ready to make my normal breakfast protein shake…when I noticed I had so many sweet potatoes. So I thought, why not get creative and prepare a fun breakfast… with Sweet Potatoes being the star of this savory show!
I bring to you, a healthy and mouthwatering sweet potato breakfast bowl!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Sweet Potato – 1 Small
- Eggs – 2
- Avocado – ½ Fruit
- Kale – 1-2 Cups Chopped
- Sweet Onion – ¼ Cup Diced
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 Clove Minced
- Salt – A Pinch
- Pepper – ½ Tsp
- Paprika – ½ Tsp
- Heat a Skillet or Frying Pan on a stove top (medium-low heat)
- Pour olive oil on the heated pan, and wait a few seconds — once warm, add garlic
- Next toss in Sweet Potato and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes
- Once sweet potato becomes soft, add in the onion and cook until fragrant (or until onion starts to become translucent)
- Toss in Kale, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper … mix and allow to sit for 3 minutes
- Once Kale darkens in color, prepare the eggs
- Remove from pan, slice avocado & place on top of hash