Happy Fall, Y’all!
This is my absolute favorite time of the year for many reasons: the fashion, crisp air, colorful leaves, and most importantly … the baking.
There is something about baking in the fall that just feels so special to me. I love the in season fruits and vegetables during this time of the year, and the second the first leave hits the ground…the fall baking bug strikes me again!
This weeks recipe is a new creation and now a personal favorite of mine (and my roommates), AND GET THIS! It’s healthy!!! AHHH
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Dry Ingredients: Plain Instant Oatmeal - 1 cup Plain Old Fashioned Oats - 1/2 cup Baking Soda - 3/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon - 1 Tablespoon Salt - Pinch Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet or Dark) - 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (Optional) - 2 Tablespoons
Wet Ingredients: Light Brown Sugar - 4 Tablespoons Egg - 1 Egg Pumpkin Puree - 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed) - 1/2 Cup Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350’F degrees
- Take 3/4 cup plain instant oatmeal, and blend in a food processor or blender until fine, almost flour like consistency
- In a medium bowl, combine the blended oatmeal and add in the remaining oats (1/4 cup instant oatmeal & 1/2 cup old fashioned oats)
- Add in all remaining dry ingredients — expect Chocolate chips & seeds
- In another bowl, mix in all wet ingredients (no order preference)
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- After the batter is completely mixed, add in chocolate chips
- Scoop batter in small balls and place on greased baking sheet
- Add the pumpkin seeds on top, and gentile press them into the cookies
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes, until they start to develop a crisp on the outside (browning is okay)
- ENJOY WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM (Or vanilla coconut yogurt for a healthier alternative)
Let me know what you think!!!